Connection of Users to HETS
In accordance with Law 4001/2011, the Operator of the Hellenic Electricity Transmission System (HETS):
- Provides access to the system to holders of a license for the production, supply or trade of electricity, to those who have been lawfully exempted from the obligation to hold such licenses and to Eligible Customers.
- It allows the connection of the Hellenic Electricity Distribution Network (HEDN) with the HETS, as set out in the HETS Grid Code.
- It provides all necessary information in a timely manner to users to ensure their successful access to the system.
- It provides all types of services, applying transparent, objective and impartial criteria, to prevent any discrimination among users or categories of system users.
- It prepares and publishes transparent and efficient procedures for the non-discriminatory connection of new power production installations to the HETS. These processes are subject to the prior approval of RAE.
- It does not have the right to refuse connection of new electricity generation installations because of potential future restrictions to the available capacities of HETS, such as congestion at remote points and it provides the necessary information.
- It does not have the right to refuse a new connection point with the justification that it will cause additional expenses, linked to the necessary capacity increase of HETS elements in the proximity of the connection point.
- It sets out the criteria based on which it may refuse access, for a specific period of time, due to shortage of capacity. These criteria must be approved by RAE.
For their connection to HETS, the provisions of Laws 3468/2006, 3851/2010, 4001/2011, the HETS Grid Code and the Procedure for Connection of Users to HETS shall apply.