The Interconnection of Skiathos includes the installation of submarine and underground cables in Evia and Skiathos and the construction of a Substation.
- For the design, supply and installation of underground and submarine 150kV cables for the 150kV Transmission Line at the “Mantoudi-Skiathos” section, offers were submitted by companies Prysmian and Hellenic Cables. Hellenic Cables was announced contractor of the project with a 42.8 million euro contract.
- For the design, supply of equipment and installation of the new GIS 150/20 kV Substation in Skiathos, offers were submitted by companies ABB, MYTILINAIOS-GE, TOMI-HYOSUNG and NARI-ELECTROMEC. ABB was announced contractor of the project with a 9.5 million euro contract.
- The contract with Hellenic Cables, the contractor for the “Mantoudi-Skiathos” project, amounting to EUR 42.8 million, covers the design, supply and installation of a submarine cable with a length of 30 km between Skiathos and Evia, at a maximum depth of 400 meters. The second branch of the project includes the construction of a new GIS 150/20 kV Substation in Skiathos, by ABB, the selected contractor, with a EUR 9.5 million budget.
- This is the first time that Skiathos will be interconnected with the 150 kV High Voltage System.
- The new electrical interconnection will ensure the stability of the electricity supply of the Northern Sporades group of islands during the summer months.