The Information Technology and Telecommunications Department (ITTD) is responsible for the planning, development, support and security of the company's information and telecommunication systems.
The Information Technology and Telecommunications Department (ITTD) is structured into three branches, eight sectors and nine subsectors.
Presented below are:
- The Mission and Responsibilities of the ITTD
- The Vision and Pillars of the Information Systems and Infrastructures
- The Visions and Pillars of Telecommunications and Cybersecurity
The Information Technology and Telecommunications Department, in the framework of its mission, is responsible for the following:
- Telecommunications Networks: Design, development and support of all telecommunications networks and central IT infrastructures (Data Centers). Continuous monitoring of the network through Network and Security Operations Centers (NOC & SOC) and immediate intervention for restoration by telecommunications crews
- Fiber Optics Network: Development and utilization of the Transmission System’s fiber optics network (FO), to meet the operational needs of the Company and its subsidiaries
- Cyber security: Information and network security (Cybersecurity) of the Company (critical and non-critical infrastructures). Development and updating of Information Systems and Networks Security Policy
- Information Systems: Development, implementation and updating of the short-term and long-term strategy for Information Systems and Telecommunication Networks (voice and data), on the basis of technological advancements and operational strategy
- Digital Strategy: Formulation and updating of the Company's digital strategy with the aim of its digital transformation (Digital TSO) and the creation of a data strategy (Data Analytics Strategy)
- IT Service Desk: Support of user needs with regard to network, systems and office automations, Helpdesk operation and coordination of resolution actions (by own means or through third parties) of relevant matters. For IPTO and all subsidiaries
- Digital Communication and Collaboration Channels (WebSite, Intranet, Collaboration): Development, Operation and Support of digital tools for communication in the company and collaboration of employees
- ICT Projects: Design, coordination, implementation, monitoring and support of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) projects. Provision of IT services to third parties on the basis of appropriately drawn up Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Design, management and availability of processing and storage , information networks and services, office automation and telecommunications systems. Installation, maintenance and upgrading of technical infrastructures (servers, network, telecommunications)
- IP Telephony: Design and development, management and operation, as well as support for corporate telephony services (VoIP, PBX, telephony via TL) and remote collaboration services (collaboration)
Vision of Information Systems and Infrastructures: The modernization and digitization of key processes, the integration of IT systems with central control, the utilization of new technologies, the formulation of a strategy for Data & Big Data Analytics and the establishment of a strict data management framework.
- Automation of business processes through implementation of an integrated portfolio of optimum interconnected applications/systems that support critical business operations
- Central control and integration of all IT systems of the company by controlling the budget in order to achieve cost efficiency, maximize the possibility of reuse and avoid the phenomenon of "Shadow" IT
- Adoption of customer-centric approach: The ITTD will provide integrated Information Communications Technology (ICT) to all departments of IPTO (e.g. Systems & Infrastructure Department, Transmission System Operation & Control Department, Financial & Accounting Services Department, etc.), who are its internal “customers”
- Utilisation of company data (Data & Big Data Analytics): Through the creation of new data sources (APM) and the unification of the "data lakes" that are currently locked in the "silos" of the various departments. The aim is to provide business intelligence (BI) tools in key business areas (such as predictive/preventive maintenance for Asset Management, Energy Data Hub for the Electricity Market, linking of all of the above to financial data, etc.)
- Increase of efficiency of fixed assets, reduction of risk and improvement of decision-making through the design, implementation and maintenance of an integrated Asset Performance Management system
- Strategy of gradual migration of systems to the Cloud: Analyzing each business need separately and taking into account the cost-benefit relationship, but also cybersecurity issues
- Management of non-structured data (documents, photos, audio, video, business plans, etc.) and linking them to structured data (of relational databases) using the Enterprise Content Management system (ECM)
- Determination of single Information Systems Architecture (Service-Oriented Architecture) taking into consideration reusable elements
- Formulation of strategy for Master Data governance
Vision: The modernization and expansion of telecommunication networks (WAN, LAN, fiber optics and other telecommunications infrastructures), ensuring the level of the telecommunication services quality and the integrated protection from cyber attacks.
- Telecommunications Networks: Design and development of telecommunication networks (WAN, LAN, fiber optics and other telecommunications infrastructure)
- Network Security Architecture: Design of network security architecture to ensure the maximum possible protection against cyber attacks, implementing both the company's Information Systems Security Policy and best practices
- Inclusion in Telecommunications: Design of solutions for inclusion in telecommunications of High Voltage Centers, Substations and other HETS installations.
- Network Operations Center (NOC): Design and Operation of an integrated Network Operations Center (NOC) for IPT and its telecommunications subsidiary Grid Telecom
- Network Operations Center (SOC): Monitoring of network security for identification of security incidents and immediate taking of measures for addressing them in cooperation with the other Sectors of the Department and other involved Departments (Security Operations Center - SOC operation).
- Data Centers: Modernization and development of data centers, ensuring a stable and reliable base for the development of information applications and services
- Telephony Services: Design and development, management and operation, as well as support for corporate telephony services (VoIP, PBX, telephony via TL) and remote collaboration services (collaboration)
- Telecommunications Field Works: Decentralized telecommunications crews operating in the field in order to take into consideration the details of each point in the design of solutions, but also to achieve rapid intervention for the restoration of telecommunications failures