The holder of the position is responsible for the smooth operation and performance of the company's accounting and financial issues. All the communications (written or verbal) within and outside of the company will be in the English language.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- For the accounting illustration of daily transactions, including general accounting accounts, fixed assets, receivables and liabilities.
- For the agreements of banks (reconciliations of bank accounts), accounts receivable and payable.
- For the preparation and timely settlement of all tax liabilities.
- For the preparation of the closing of the annual financial statements according to the IFRS and the Greek law.
- For the smooth conduct of the annual audit by statutory auditors, in collaboration with them, to ensure the correct presentation of the company's financial statements.
- For the preparation of the annual budget and the five-year business plan of the company, as well as their monitoring and regular reporting to the BoD.
- For the organization of the information in an easily accessible and useful way to the Administration.
- For the compliance with the existing legal framework.
- For the communication with the Financial Departments of the shareholders.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, or other related.
- At least 8-year work experience in an organized accounting department, of which at least 3 years in the position of Chief Accountant.
- Excellent knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (acquisition of ACCA is highly desirable).
- Excellent knowledge of tax law (Code of Income Tax, VAT, etc.).
- Analytical thinking, ability to manage large volumes of quantitative data, problem solving ability, emphasis on accuracy and detail.
- Developed management capacity, team guidance and communication skills.
- English language literate both in written and orally.